TrustCommander is a CMP (Consent Management Platform) published by Commanders Act, which allows you to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulation in terms of collecting consent. TrustCommander is highly customizable and compatible with the IAB framework.
The goal of TrustCommander is to simplify the implementation and daily use of Privacy on your site, by allowing you:
- Customize the content and visual of your Privacy banner(s) and deploy it (them) on your site.
- Condition your tags, whether they are implemented in the TagCommander tag management tool, in the source code of the site or in another Tag Management tool depending based on the user settings.
Find out more here: https://www.commandersact.com/en/solutions/trustcommander
Areas of expertise
- Consent management
- Categorization of cookies
- Customization of banners and popins
- Preference center
- Consent performance analysis
- Delimitation management
- Proof of consent
- Management of compatibility tags
AT Connect TrusCommander
The AT Connect TrustCommander enables you to deploy an AT Internet audience measurement that complies with the latest recommendations from French and international regulators. Quickly deploy our various privacy methods (exemption, hybrid measure, opt-in...) and activate them in a few clicks from TrustCommander interface.
- Easily activate the connector: You can activate the connector between AT Internet solution and TrustCommander in just a few clicks. You are guided step by step through the activation process.
- Compliance of your Analytics Suite: Deploy an audience measurement in accordance with the latest legal recommendations. Choose a configuration as close as possible to your business or legal needs (GDPR) and comply with the rules of the inspection bodies.
- Deploy the CNIL exemption: Benefit from the exemption to consent for the deposit of AT Internet audience measurement cookies.
- Deploy the hybrid measure: Choose the best of both worlds by combining the CNIL exemption with AT Internet opt-in consent.
- Analyze quality and privacy compliant data: Continue to collect quality data while remaining compliant with the latest legal recommendations. Benefit from comprehensive privacy analysis regarding user consent and leverage them in the various interfaces of the Analytics Suite.
Concept and requirements
The GDPR, and national laws in the framework of the interpretation of the ePrivacy directive currently govern the use of personal data and the conditions for the use of trackers on your digital platforms. Inadequate configuration may expose you to the risk of sanctions by inspection bodies (restriction or deletion of processing, deletion of data or withdrawal of certification, etc.), actions on the part of users or consumer groups, or financial sanctions, in addition to the risk of processing low quality data.
The AT Connect TrustCommander enables you to bring your Analytics Suite into compliance with the latest legal recommendations. This connector allows you to implement the following audience measurement methods: CNIL exemption and hybrid measure. You can find more information about these methods in the Privacy Centre.
The purpose of this document is to guide you through the activation of the hybrid measure using the AT Connect TrustCommander. The hybrid measure is the best of both worlds, allowing you to combine the CNIL exemption with consent ("opt-in").
Prerequisites to implement hybrid measure with AT Connect TrustCommander:
- Have a Commanders Act account (TrustCommander and TagCommander).
- Have an AT Internet account.
- Comply with the CNIL exemption: configuration of the organization, definition of what is strictly necessary ... More information in this article -> Implementation requiring an exchange with AT Internet support.
Activation of the privacy plugin in Tag Composer
First you need to check that you have activated the Privacy plugin in Tag composer on the AT Internet side. Indeed this plugin is prerequisite for the proper functioning of this connector. You must therefore go to the Analytics Suite (Explorer> Configuration> Data Collection Portal> Tagging> Tag Composer), select the tag deployed on your site and verify the correct activation of the Privacy plugin (see screenshots below).
Connector configuration in TrustCommander
First, you must configure TrustCommander in order to prepare for the activation of the hybrid measure. The first step is to define the category (purpose). You must then configure your CMP banner to add the link to your privacy page hosting the "opt-out" link.
Open the left menu "Trust" then go to "Categories & Tags". There you can add the "Audience Measurement" category with the following description: "Audience measurement enables you to collect statistical information on traffic data in order to improve user experience and site performance". You are free to customize these elements. This category ID will be useful later when setting up the hybrid measure.
TrustCommander also allows you to manage vendors if needed. As part of the hybrid measure you could create an "AT Internet" vendor and link it to the "Audience Measurement" category. You will then obtain a new ID to add during the hybrid measure configuration. Make sure you have enabled partners management in TrustCommander options if you want to manage vendors (menu TRUST> Options> Vendor management ON). You must be an administrator to perform this action.
Setting up the link to the opt-out
As part of the hybrid measure you must set up a link to the opt-out on your privacy page. In TrustCommander, access the "Privacy Banners" interface in the left menu in order to create or edit the CMP banner relating to the use of AT Internet.
Thanks to this interface, you will be able to configure the display of your banner by following several steps. You will be able to set up the link to your privacy page, hosting the "opt-out" link.
You can then edit the content of the text displayed at the top of the CMP banner. You must add the following mention in the text already present in order to offer the opt-out on the AT Internet audience measurement (exempted by default):
Make sure you include the "Audience measurement" category in your Privacy Center (see the screenshot below).
You can then save, then generate and deploy your CMP banner by clicking on the "Generate" and "Deploy" buttons in the following interface.
Connector configuration in TagCommander
Now that the CMP part is properly configured, you need to go to TagCommander to proceed to the next step. Here are the three tags dedicated to the AT Internet hybrid measure:
- Tag AT Internet SmartTag (Builder) - Tag hosting the AT Internet tracking.
- Tag AT Internet - Mesure Hybride (Beta) - Tag making the link between the AT Internet Tag already present in your container and the consent management.
- Tag AT Internet - Mesure Hybride (beta) - Inject Optout Consent - Opt-out management Tag.
Tag AT Internet SmartTag (Builder)
Before using the hybrid measure tag, you must have correctly configured the AT Internet tag in your container. Below is an example of a configuration based on the tag available by default in TagCommander - AT Internet SmartTag (Builder). You can also have a different / custom setup to collect AT Internet data.
Tips other plugins
This AT Internet SmartTag (Builder) plugin includes a line of code dedicated to the management of AT Internet Privacy methods (see the screenshot below). Make sure to include this information as well if you are using another plugin / custom configuration for your AT Internet tag.
Tag AT Internet Mesure Hybride (Beta)
In order to deploy the hybrid measure, you must configure and deploy the Tag provided for this purpose (AT Internet Mesure Hybride). Be careful to place this hybrid measurement tag before all your other AT Internet tags.
By editing this tag you will be able to make the link with the CMP banner and the category previously created in TrustCommander (and possibly with the partner, see part 4 of this document).
In the example below I am using a CMP TRUSTCOMMANDER banner, I am targeting the category with the ID 6 (Audience Measurement).
Tag AT Internet - Mesure Hybride (beta) - Inject Optout Consent
This tag allows you to inject the opt-out button on your privacy page.
You must target a div selector present on your page, the opt-out button will then be automatically injected into the page. In the example below we are targeting the id section "legal" and the div class "optoutbuton" (#legal .optoutbuton). We can also customize the button color and associated text.
Here is an example of an opt-out button resulting from this plugin:
You can then generate and deploy the container on your platform. Be careful to include a Privacy banner during the "Generation" step (checkbox on the right of the interface).
The AT Connect TrustCommander is now activated! Here is an overview of the final rendering of the TrustCommander consent banner deployed on a demo site.
Privacy analysis in Analytics Suite Delta
Once AT Connect TrustCommander is activated, the Privacy analyzes present in Analytics Suite Delta will be automatically fed according to the users' choice. For example, you can access visitor mode (exempt / opt-in) in Explorer's Privacy analysis (Audience> Privacy).
You can also filter on the values of these properties in your various analysis. Here is an example of traffic sources analysis based on visitor mode (exempt / opt-in / opt-out) and visitor consent mode (true / false).
Or even integrate them into your Data Query datasets. For example, you can consult the user identification and personal data, using the visitor mode filtered on the value optin.
Here is a list of additional resources that can help you understand this Privacy topic and deploy this connector.
- Privacy Centre: All the knowledge to bring privacy and GDPR compliance to your analytics - https://helpcentre.atinternet-solutions.com/hc/en-gb/categories/360002439300-Privacy-Centre
- Official Commanders Act documentation: Access to TagCommander and TrustCommander documentations - https://community.commandersact.com/en/