Why Data Query?
Data Query is a data mining tool, allowing custom reports based on the new data model, empowered with various data visualisations & export capabilities.
A brand new interface
Left-hand side menu
Thanks to this brand new design, you're now able to use a unified search engine to search your properties & metrics. You're still able to add items to your dataset by double-clicking on them, or dragging-and-dropping them.
If you need more space to view your dataset result, you can hide the main menu:
Your Data Model can now list hundreds of properties, whether they are provided by our out-of-the-box data model or by your own custom properties. Thanks to the Tags system, you can filter the items you're interested in and easily access to your data model thanks to the (i) icon.
- Rows & Columns
- Search in dataset editor
- Breakdown view
- Hide a filtered property
- Filters on table headings
- Count() function
- Number of columns per dataset
The dataset editor is split into 2 zones: Rows & Columns:
- Rows are the items you want to analyse (properties)
- Columns are the metrics of your dataset
You can either choose from the suggested items, or search within the list of properties and metrics:
When looking at a dataset, you can either get all the values of 2 properties, or get a property grouped by another one (breakdown view):
A simple click on the operator will transform the AND into an OR and vice versa:
You can also paste several values in the filter field to apply an OR filter:
Once the filter is applied, simply hide the property to adjust your dataset.
You can apply a filter directly on the items of your datasets:
Reporting on the top Sources & Entry pages is great, but getting to know how many entry pages each source leads to is another perfect way to analyze your dataset. This can be easily done thanks to the Count() function that returns an approximated row count for a property. This column now behaves like a metric, and can be sorted.
This function returns a approximated values of the number of rows of the selected properties. On huge volume, we have noticed a 1 to 2% error margin. On smaller volumes, the error rates can slightly increase.
Your datasets can be composed of 10 items (this value will be increased during the beta phase). When you're getting closer to this value, an icon shows up to warn you.
The default query result output is a table, similar to the ones available in Explorer. This will ease your on-boarding in this new version of Data Query.
You can apply filters directly from the table headings:
For metrics, you can also sort on the values, but also on the variation rate, which is great when searching for trending items:
Looking at table is fine, but adding some data visualisation to add more context, is awesome:
Copy to clipboard
When copying the data, you get the current page content. It's a quick way to share data with stakeholders.
Reporting API v3
The Reporting API v3 is another way to use your dataset out of the Analytics Suite. Please read the API documentation for more details.
To export your data in CSV you can use the export area available at the top right of your dataset. By clicking on the arrow you will find these three possibilities:
- Download the first 10 000 results
- Download the current page in CSV, the current page being the visible results in your dataset
- Copy the x values, ideal to put the data in Excel or any other data software in one click!
By clicking on the export button, you will access a new popin with a large choice of information :
- The name of the file to be downloaded. For the moment, when exporting data, the CSV file is encapsulated in a gzip file, we are currently working on offering you to download the CSV file directly.
- The type will allow you to specify if it is an export for a single use or with recurrence
- The period is specific to scheduled exports and will allow you to configure when you want to receive your data
- The sending mode is there to determine the destination of the files for scheduled exports, more information in our dedicated article.
- On the right side of your screen you will find all the specific configurations for formatting your file.
A robust & unrivaled data engine
The performances of the engine have been drastically improved and now allows:
- Custom multisite datasets wiithout limitation of number of sites, and without using the standard AT templates,
- Segments on multisites datasets, please take a look at the presentation of the new segmentation engine,
- Unique Visitors are now available to all users, without any restriction. The metric will now be labelled Visitors,
- Unique Identified Visitors metric has been created to count the number of Identified Visitors over a period of time. This metric will now be labelled Users.