Poool was created in 2015 with the vision of facilitating access to content and the ways it can be funded. Its first product, a dynamic SAAS paywall solution, aimed to solve the challenges and frustrations surrounding access to content, whether it’s for readers blocked in the middle of reading articles, or for publishers looking to easily implement on-the-fly marketing tests. Poool already has more than 50 customers, including the all main French publishers.
By offering the most relevant experiences to your audience and working on each lever, you can optimise your average revenue per user, whether it’s for subscriptions, advertising, unit payments, or data collection, etc.
To learn more https://poool.tech/.
Paywalls, which control access to content, are one of the main business models for publishers. Poool's dynamic paywall provides each reader with a personalized experience based on their profile, or the content they are looking to consume. Poool allows you to embrace ‘test & learn logic’, which is well suited to the digital sector. Whether it is acquisition, engagement or monetization, your marketing teams will be able to easily manage content access rules and regain control of the paywall strategy.
There is no magic formula for the best paywall approach. However, experience has shown that by testing hypotheses, learning from your mistakes and constantly optimizing you’ll be able to find the optimal solution to meet your needs. We provide adapted data tools, which hugely facilitate decision-making in the test phase. It’s the ultimate way to combine the expertise of content access and analytics.
Advantages of the connector
The AT Connect Poool allows you to track the performance of your various paywalls directly in the Analytics Suite 2. This connector helps you analyze your audience’s behavior and understand why they subscribe or pay to access your content. Develop a winning monetization strategy by segmenting your audience and customizing your paywalls.
- Monetize your audience: deploy various dynamic paywalls in a few clicks from the Poool editor dashboard (subscription, offered article, ads, survey, links...).
- Track the performance of your paywalls: automatic display of data related to Poool paywalls in the Analytics Suite 2. Performance analysis (impressions, clicks...).
- Segment your audience: reconcile Poool/AT Internet data and segment audiences according to their behaviour (volatile, regular casual, fans, personalized).
- Customize the user experience: enable tests and customized widgets for the different segments identified. Targeting the right user, at the right time with the right message.
AT Connect Poool introduction
Thanks to AT Connect Poool, you can track the activity of your paywalls directly in the Analytics Suite 2 interface. Once the data is collected, you can set up custom metrics to optimise the performance of your paywalls and maximise the conversion rate.
This integration is completely invisible to the user and does not change his habits. The AT Connect Poool truly respects both solutions’ functional scope.
Here are the main functions of the connector:
- Sending Poool’s paywalls data to AT Internet through an automated HIT.
- Displaying the data in the AS2 (Content/On-site ads/Publisher campaigns).
- Providing Poool custom segments from Data Query (API).
Below is a summary outline of the process.
Setting up the AT Connect Poool
You must have an AT Internet account and a Poool account to set up this integration. Tracking tags of both solutions must be available on your websites. « On-Site Ads » tracking must be activated in Tag Composer (AT Internet).
- AT Internet installation procedure: https://developers.atinternet-solutions.com/home/
- Poool installation procedure: https://dev.poool.fr/sdk/quick-start
The activation of AT Connect Poool can be performed in a few clicks by adding one line of JSin your Poool configuration.
Here is the line to add:
poool("config", "ati_auto_tracking_enabled", true);
Adding this line allows AT Internet tracking by Poool and automatic data reporting in the Analytics Suite 2. Make sure to specify the status « false » or « true » of this configuration.
Find this information in Poool’s document resource : https://dev.poool.fr/sdk/configuration#ati_tracking_enabled
Paywall configuration in Poool
Once you have implemented the technical part, you can configure your different paywalls in Poool’s dashboard editor. You can choose between different options :
- Configuration of messages and actions (subscription, advert, newsletter, link, etc.).
- Customization of the appearance of paywalls (texts, colors...).
- Definition of scenarios according to audience segments.
- Setting up surveys.
Displaying Poool data in the AS2
AT Connect Poool data are automatically reported in the Analytics Suite 2. By connecting to Explorer you will be able to access the data in the section CONTENT/ON-SITE ADS/PUBLISHER CAMPAIGNS of the interface.
Impressions and clicks are tracked. In the example below, we notice that Poool paywalls were displayed 163 times, for 32 clicks, which results in a 19.6% CTR. You can also access the details of each paywall used (example : restriction, viewpay, subscription, etc.).
Data segmentation and export
The connector allows you to benefit from paywalls data in the different interfaces of the AS2. For example, you can use this data in your segmentation to categorise your audience according to custom criteria (one-time, occasional, regular visitors, etc.).
Then you have the possibility to export the data thanks to Data Query to provide the custom segments in Poool (Export API).