About Marin Software
Marin Software is a multichannel platform enabling digital marketing campaign management and targeting of the most-profitable audience segments, thanks to performance management on acquisition channels like social, display and search.
To activate AT Connect Marin Software, you will have to:
- Choose the website concerned
- Define metrics to be tracked with help of MarinSoftware
- Tag the campaign you want to follow with help of MarinSoftware
- Create a SFTP file on MarinSoftware server with help of MarinSoftware
Export data to Marin Software
Once the correct tagging is done, it is possible to automatically export (with a frequency to be set) the data directly to Marin Software.
These steps will be carried out for each of the sites concerned.
1. Create custom site variables
Creation of a custom site variable is necessary to retrieve the different MarinSoftware variables:
- Go to Settings
- Click on Custom site variables
- Create one custom site variables with text format. The name of the custom variable will be defined between you and Marin Software. (for the user guide here, we will use the name Marin_mkwid)
Important: You must have enough custom site variables to follow the process.
2. Create Data Manager rules
- Go to Data Manager
- Select the site concerned then click on New configuration
- Create a New variable
- Select Querystring as source type (this variable type have to be alphanumerical), then write down on step 1 the parameter of MarinSoftware (in our user guide Marin_mkwid)
- Save the variable
- Go on Configuration and click on Mapping
- In the table with list of available objects, click on Custom site variables (you will see a page with the different variables that can be assigned an assignment rule). Click on Edit mapping button.
- Choose the indicator Marinsoftware and select the variable MarinSoftware then select Released status
- Go on Deployment and Release
- You will be taken to a page showing the different variables and the created assignment rules that are ready to go into production. Click on the button Release
3. Create a template in DataQuery
- Go to Data Query
- Select the site for which you want to configure your dataset template
- Dimensions to be selected: custom site variable created within the framework of the project; you can search via the internal engine on the Marinsoftware label to find them more easily; apply a filter on each dimension of the type "is not empty" in order to recover the data only when the dimensions are filled in the tag
- Metrics to select: Page views per visit, Bounce rate, Time per page and Time spent per visit; If you need to work only on visits that have converted, you can add the Conversions metrics with a filter strictly greater than 0 and the metrics Conversions (loads)
- Save the template
- Once the template has been saved, you can verify that it is back up with a pre-view via the eye icon located at the top right of the interface
4. Schedule template sent to Marin Software
- In the Data Query template list, open the saved template and click on the Export button located at the bottom right of the interface
- By default CSV mode has to be selected ; modify type by clicking the Scheduled button and then setting the FTP period and configuration
Activating this partnership activates the export of AT Internet data into MarinSoftware. Only the data necessary for the proper functioning of the bridge are exported.