Advanced ecommerce module
Sales Insights is the advanced ecommerce module on Explorer. AT Internet takes the ecommerce angle and provides you with actionable reports in order for you to save time:
- Understand the purchasing journey and keep prospects within the funnel until conversion,
- Optimise the product catalog by analysing every step: product impressions, product pages, cart interactions, etc.
- A holistic view of your various platforms with cross-session, cross-device and cross-site carts and clients reports,
- Discover insights with advanced reports to highlight data that you may have missed with the naked eye.
The ecommerce events require tracking. Please take a look at the documentation related to these events:
PrestaShop store tracking
Automatically track your online store
In order to help you fasten the tagging process, we have developed a PrestaShop plugin that automatically tracks all the ecommerce events:
- product impressions in lists,
- product page impressions,
- products added to and removed from the carts,
- purchased product.
This plugin is compatible with PrestaShop 1.6 and 1.7.
If you prefer to manually track your online store, you can always refer to the tagging documentation:
The transactions, whether you call them orders, leads, quotes, bookings, are the main objectives of your online store.
The advanced ecommerce module of the Analytics Suite offers a set of reports to understand the performance of your online shop.
Overview & Insights
We have selected a list of mandatory KPIs to drive your activity:
- number of transactions,
- average order value,
- cart lifetime,
- average revenue per paying user (ARPPU), etc.
In order to help you represent those values, we also have selected a wide range of data visualisations, such as this heatmap, allowing you to understand the times most conducive to purchase:
This report provides you with the list of transactions, combined with several properties:
- Payment provider
- Shipping provider
- Promo Code
- Client Id, etc.
Several metrics are available in order to fine-tune your report:
- Number of products
- Time between cart creation and transaction, etc.
Payment & Shipping
If you offer the capacity to your clients to choose from several payment and shipping providers, it's important for you to get a clear view of which ones work best:
Cart life time
Do you know how much time your visitors need to close the purchase process, from the cart creation to the transaction? Thanks to the advanced ecommerce module, you are able to know how many transactions are complete depending on the cart creation time.
This will help you distinguish the compulsive buyers from the hesitant ones.
The true potential of your online store is surely hidden in your visitors who come to your site, start the purchase process but never convert.
Then, it becomes mandatory to understand the unconverted carts and the drop-offs.
Thanks to this report, you can analyse the active carts on the analysed period and never converted. When you work on the number of interactions and the potential amount of the carts, you will detect the hesitant clients as well as those with the highest potential turnover.
With the advanced ecommerce module, you will have a full picture of your products, categories and brands:
- Product page impressions,
- Products added to and removed from carts,
Overview & Insights
This concise analysis highlights some KPIs, such as:
- product page conversion rate leading to a product added to cart,
- product page conversion rate leading to a transaction,
- product page impression, etc.
Other KPIs will be added along the way.
In order for you to start digging into the data, we have selected some insights, which are shortcuts to pre-filtered and pre-ordered reports, designed to help you gain some time:
- most purchased products, which are your stars;
- products that are the most removed from the carts, which shows the products that fail to convince your clients after all;
- products that are the most added to carts, showing the products whose price or description are inciting your users to interact with them, etc.
Several product properties are available by default:
- ID (reference)
- Product Names
- Categories (up to 6)
15 metrics are available for you to compose your dataset.
Product Categories & Brands
The purchase funnel highlights the failure of each step (pink bars). With this report, you'll be able to view the number of carts that left for a given step, as well as the related turnover.
The purchase funnel is defined by 4 steps:
These steps are triggered by dedicated ecommerce events. This allows you to trigger whenever you need (page load, click, form submission, etc.). You no longer have to fake a page load. Several figures are provided:
- funnel conversion rate, which is the ratio between the converted carts and the active carts on the period (in green above the funnel), as well as the lost carts and the converted carts with the related sales:
- active carts for each step (in blue below the step label):
- step conversion rate (green percentage between each step) which the ratio between the carts which loaded one of the next steps and the total of active carts on the given step:
This report is handy when you wan to run an analysis to understand the purchase funnel for a given site.
It becomes even more powerful when you run this on several sites which share the same cart IDs and product catalogs. Then, you can gather the data and understand the cross-site really of your ecommerce activity.
Thanks to this feature, a visitor starting to add products to its cart on your mobile app and converting on your web site will no longer be considered as a drop-off on your mobile app. Both platforms contribute to the conversion.