The list of configurations available is shown after launching the Data Manager application.
Clicking on a configuration line will show you more information about the line’s original creator, the last person who edited it, and any comments made during the last release.
If you want to open a configuration, click the gear icon (at the end of the line) or the name of the configuration.
Creating a new configuration
If you still haven’t set up a configuration or if you wish to add one, you can create a configuration by clicking the “New Configuration” button.
When creating a new configuration, you will be asked to select the site to which it will be applied. Use the search box to quickly find the site.
Once the site is selected, you will be automatically redirected to the new configuration, and you will need to create the first variable.
Use the menu on the left-hand side of the screen to browse through the Data Manager application. The application has three work environments: variables, configuration, and deployment.
The Variables environment allows you to create the variables required to use Data Manager.
The Configuration environment allows you to use the variables created.
- Mapping: Map your variables to AT Internet dimensions. For example, you can specify a Data Managervariable to replace AT Internet’s default page name.
- Correlation tables: Create correlation tables to add values to your variables. For example, you can transform category IDs into category names.
- Hit exclusion: Use your preset rules to exclude a specific kind of traffic. For example, if you added the AT Internet tag twice by mistake, you can target one of the two and exclude its traffic.
- Test your configuration to make sure everything is in order. This will allow you to check for unexpected errors.
- Once you release your configuration, it will be applied on the same day, at midnight.
Although correlation tables do not require a release, they are also applied on the same day, at midnight.
- View the history of the Data Manager configuration to check the list of releases made on this site.
A Feedback tool is available in Data Manager for you to send us feedback on the product. Please note, this is not connected to the support centre, but please do feel free to use it to share your thoughts on Data Manager and let us know what new features you’d like to see on the application.