In the Analytics Suite 2, you can upload data from Twitter in a dashboard.
In the editing mode of your dashboard, create a new data set and select external data. A new window opens, here is the step-by-step process:
- Fill the URL box according to the data you would like to get. For instance, if you want the amount of followers of your Twitter account, you can paste the following URL: https://api.twitter.com/1.1/statuses/user_timeline.json?count=50&screen_name=XXXXX (XXXX should be the name of you Twitter account). More Twitter URLs API here: https://developer.twitter.com/
- Make sure you select the JSON format.
- The expected Authentification format is OAuth
- A list of connections appear, click on Twitter (Public API) (Twitter)
- Do not select a date.
Once this is done you can proceed to the next step.
- Give a title to your data set, so you can easily find it
- Indicate which data should be a dimension and a which should be a metric (you can also rename them)
Save your new data set.
Finally, add a KPI to your dashboard and select the data set you have just created.