Analyzer NX has two types of "Contains" filters that behave differently:
- "Contains" that filters on complete words
- "Contains the string" that filters on a string, whether it is part of a word or not
In Explorer, as well as other Analytics Suite interfaces such as Data Query, there is only one type that has the same behaviour as the "Contains the string" filter in Analyzer NX.
Take the three following articles as an example:
- The Costa Concordia has run aground in Tuscany
- Texas roundtable on gun control ends in a shootout
- Flat-earther accidentally proves the Earth is round
Using a "Contains - round" filter in Analyzer NX will show one result, where the word round appears as a complete word: "Flat-earther accidentally proves the Earth is round".
Using a "Contains the string - round" filter in Analyzer NX or "Contains - round" in the Analytics Suite will show all 3 results, as they contain the string in some way or another.
As such it is possible to observe differences between the two interfaces despite the filters being nominally the same.