AT Internet provides analyses and dimensions to view this data, but since search engines, like Google or Bing, have been serving their website with a https:// protocol, it has become very difficult to get this data. The data telling us that it is an image search or what the keywords are is in the query string of the URL, but under this protocol based on SSL encryption we can only collect the main part of the URL as a referrer and not the whole URL for security reasons. This a technical phenomenon that affects all Analytics tools, even Google Analytics. When it comes to paid advertising, it is still possible to collect such information as you control the information you send to us, via the tag.
Articles in this section
- What is the "Direct Access" traffic source?
- How to explain the gap between the number of clicks on Facebook and the number of visits in AT Internet
- Can we measure organic traffic sources (URLs) on mobile apps?
- Can an HTTPS site be the referrer for an HTTP site?
- What does "Chrome Content Suggestions" mean in the sources / search categories?
- What is a custom marketing source?
- Does AT Internet prioritize the xtor or the referrer for source attribution?
- Track an SMS source
- What is a Custom Organic Source?
- What is "Android-App" traffic source?